Wednesday, May 04, 2005

An exclusive interview with John Nepomuceno

NP: DESCRIBE YOUR MUSICAL HISTORY.

JN: Me llamo, Juan. I played piano at the age of 5, quit at 9...but I still tickle the ivories from time to time...I've been playing guitar since I was 14...i am 22 so that makes that...wow 8 years? I play bass sometimes....drums sometimes...i started learning how to play the Koto (a Japanese lute instrument of some kind) when I was in high school and wish i pursued that longer...shrug...i like working the drum machine. I sing. I dance. I rap too, no bullshit mang.

NP: HOW DID YOU GET THIS GIG TO PLAY WITH THE TONICS?

JN: Bless Steven Chow's heart, he asked Project X: The Radiohead Tribute Collective to play with The Tonics...I was much obliged to do so. He is the facilitator of my Radiohead DeCal class which totally blows...i mean rocks.

NP: YOU ARE ARTA "HARD ROCKIN'" KHAKPOUR'S SUBSTITUTE. AS SUCH, YOU ARE PLAYING THE PARTS THAT HE PERSONALLY WROTE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO HIM?

JN: Hahaha, I think he's an extremely gifted musician. It wasn't easy figuring out his parts but I would say that they are indeed "hard rockin'," awesome riffage. I would like to meet you some day dude, you rock.

No comments: