Friday, October 28, 2005

An exclusive interview with Ian Asbjornsen

NP: I AM NEON PHOSPHOR.

IA: Yo

NP: THE TONICS ARE PLAYING THIS WINTER, BUT SINCE YOU'RE NOT 21 AND YOU'RE MOSTLY AT SCHOOL, THERE WILL LIKELY BE A GIGGING REPLACEMENT FOR YOU. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO PROSPECTIVE DRUMMERS?

IA: Hold it down, but remember, this is only a one night stand. And although I'm not 21 and am mostly at school, I've got chops like a 38 year old who never even went to school.

NP: THE TONICS ALBUM IS SET FOR RELEASE DECEMBER 28. WHAT SHOULD THE WORLD EXPECT?

IA: An explosion of pop media.

NP: HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING MUSICAL OR ARTISTIC THIS SEMESTER?

IA: I choreographed a 6 minute "dance" piece with my friend set to our own electronic music/remix chaos for a big show on campus. I still regularly perform with my electronic music performance art group "Cave of the Wolf." I play drums with various people. Still trying to form a hardcore punk band called "Demon Semen." Also practicing for the premier of an intense all-synth band. I've been obsessively editing and working on the soundtrack to my sci-fi masterpiece film, "Priest Robotica." I've been writing lots of piano and electronic music songs. I take Chinese calligraphy and piano lessons.

No comments: