Sunday, February 19, 2006

"What do you think of your musical contemporaries?"

----They're playing this song on KROQ right now, from a band called She Wants Revenge. From the San Fernando Valley, and they're supposed to be the next big thing. But I just don't understand why anyone would get off on a song with misogynistic, abusive lyrics such as "I want to fucking tear you apart." I mean, I fear for a generation of music fans walking around with a hook like that stuck in their heads. Yes, free speech, artistic expression, and all that, and I shouldn't judge bands by their one big hit, but I think musicians are not trying hard enough and all they do is bitch, bitch, bitch, I hate this, I hate that. Dudes, when you're rich and young, shouldn't you be having fun? The Tonics, on the other hand, are fun. Just listen to tracks 1-5, 7, 12-13 of our new album.

"Isn't this just sour grapes? I don't see the Tonics anywhere on the charts."----Patience, we'll be there as soon as we get our 50 CDs and we make one last visit to Kinko's. Oops, make that FedEx Kinko's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not for people to get off on, it's to warn them: there are always repercussions when you're dating in school. you could forget to go to geometry because you're touching some totally sweet soft breasts, or even confuse your own ridicolously puerile psychosis with talent.

and the singer sounds totally like michael stipe.

Leocyrus1 said...

nice blog... Car Accident Lawyer San Diego