Thursday, January 13, 2005

Q&A with Neon Phosphor

(Arta recorded an intro for "Apart." He tried recording a new guitar part for "Hamlet" but couldn't get the guitar in tune with the piano.)

Q: how did you get this gig to write for the tonics' website?

NP: SAME WAY THEY GET GIGS. BY STORMING ONTO THE STAGE DURING SOMEONE ELSES' PERFORMANCE

Q: why do you speak in all capital letters?

NP: AS FREDDIE MERCURY ONCE SAID, "I LOVE MY STYLE"

Q: hmm.... i think he actually sings, "all love must die"

NP: FUCK YOU! WHO'S GIVING THE ANSWERS, YOU OR ME? ... I THOUGHT SO.

Q: you've called yourself a bastard child of sculpted static. care to explain?

NP: I OWE MY LIFE TO MY FATHER, LOST CHILD, WHO ABANDONED SCULPTED STATIC ON THE EVE OF SOUND CHECK. IN HIS PLACE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY TWIN BROTHER VELVET ROPES, BUT HE WAS SADLY STILLBORN. AND SO I WAS BORN, AND NAMED IN HONOR OF THE YOUNGER LOST CHILD.

Q: so, you might say... "child is the father of neon phosphor", eh??

NP: STICK TO THE QUESTIONS, LITTLE FUCKER. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE CLEVER ONE AROUND HERE!!!!

Q: ok. favorite place to hang out?

NP: THE CONVENIENT STORE UNDER THE STREETLAMPS. I LIKE TO "BORROW" THEIR LIQUOR. OH I AM SO CONVENIENT.

Q: where do you stand on the american war against terror?

NP: I SAID IT IN 2002 AND I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN. PEOPLE WHO TORTURE PEOPLE ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.

No comments: