Sunday, August 07, 2005

An exclusive interview with Steven Chow

NP: I AM NEON PHOSPHOR.

SC: yeah?

NP: WELCOME BACK TO SOUTH PASADENA. WHAT DID YOU LEARN IN NEW YORK?

SC: how to ride the subway

NP: INTERESTING. ARE YOU INSPIRED TO WRITE SONGS?

SC: and how to take the greyhound to amherst

NP: WILL THIS ALBUM BE FINISHED SOON?

SC: where i acted out morrissey's suedehead video by tracking down my favorite historical figure in a small town and visiting her house and gravesite. for me it was emily dickinson. morrissey visited james dean. it felt strange to be in the same room where nearly 1800 of the most remarkable poems in the english language were written. then it was quite an emotional experience at the cemetary to see the patch of grass directly above emily's remains

NP: I'VE BEEN ASKED A LOT, WHO IS LUCY? PERHAPS YOU CAN ANSWER THAT FOR ME.

SC: i'm so exhausted from my trip home that i'm going to sleep. later, neon.

No comments: