Sunday, May 15, 2005

An exclusive interview with Ian Asbjornsen

NP: I AM NEON PHOSPHOR. I AM EVERYWHERE, EVEN IN CHINA, WHERE I HAVE TRACKED DOWN OUR DRUMMER.

IAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN CHINA?

IA: Studying Art History, Language, Modern History, and Traveling. I have only been here 4 days, but so far the astro turf surrounding the hotel pools has been spectacular. It's really foggy all the time.

NP: HOW'S THE FOOD? MUSIC SCENE?

IA: The food might be the best part, but my first bite of my first dumpling had a metal shaving in it as a surprise for me. Traditional Chinese instruments abound, also I just got back from a night club in Xian called "1+1" and almost got in a fight with a crazy guy who kept touching the girls in my class. We danced to remixed Communist songs. I read that there are over 300 rock bands in Beijing, where I will be staying for over a month. Much more on that later.

NP: HAVE YOU SEEN THE GREAT WALL?

IA: We took a ski lift up to the wall, climbed around on it, and slid back down on a tobbaggan.

NP: UMM... I MEANT, PINK FLOYD'S "THE WALL"

IA: I've never seen it although I love psychedelic cartoons.

No comments: